Combative Handgun Skills
This is an 8 hour course with a primary goal to develop in the students the defensive knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to surviving a lethal threat or confrontation. Critical decision making and survival are the cornerstones to all the practical exercises included in this course.
This course is perfect for anyone who is serious about Tactical Shooting and Gunfight Survival. Lethal encounter case studies are discussed, practical exercises in verbal intervention, subject control, managing "crisis level stress", low light shooting, and tactical medicine first aid are covered.
Based largely on human reaction times, students will be exposed to unique target exposures, dynamic shooting environments and challenging courses of fire. Shooters will learn to reduce their time on target while increasing their target identification and assessment. Visual patience, tactical movement, target assessment, defensive and offensive options, hostile target engagement, and the OODA Loop theory will be practiced throughout the course.
Topics of instruction include:
- Aggressive target engagement
- Effective shot placement
- Subconscious speed shooting techniques
- Visual Patience
- Cover and Concealment in the tactical area
- Dynamic non-dominate hand shooting techniques
- Shooting on the move
- Individual and team shooting tactics
- Duty handgun with at least three (3) magazines.
- 400 rounds of handgun ammunition.
- Eye and hearing protection